New Zealand has almost everything anyone would want from a country. The country has a beautiful scenery, a relaxed lifestyle, various job opportunities and great educational system. These are just among the reasons why many would want to migrate to New Zealand.
But how does one move to the country. If you have moved once, then you are probably aware of how daunting the task is. It can be exhausting if you are just moving to a different city. Just imagine of how difficult it is if you intend to move to another country. This is why one has to be familiar first with the various ways to move to a new country. Here are some tips:
1. The first thing you need to do is to prepare yourself and your family. You should be prepared mentally, physically and emotionally. It will be challenging to leave your comfort zone and start a new life in a strange country. However, being prepared for it will make it easier and more bearable. Study the language as well. You need to be able to communicate to the people already living there when you move.
2. Learn about the culture of the country. It is important that you know the culture of the country because the culture of your country could be different from the culture of the country you want to move to. It would be easier to adjust if you know the adjustments you have to make.
3. Consider your immediate needs when you move to the new country. If you are bringing dependents with you, you have to see to it that their needs are addressed. For instance, if you have children, you need to find a competent school for them. You should keep this in mind when you are looking for a home in the new country. If you will be living with an elderly, you have to live in an area that has easy access to health agencies. The community should be concucive for them as well.
4. Learn about the cost of living. If there is something the same about living in various countries is that it does not come for free. You will incur expenses in order to survive. This is why you need to know how much you need to provide for your basic needs and the needs of your dependents. You should also know to help you analyze, whether or not you can afford to move there.
5. Make new friends. This will help you adjust more easily. Help your dependents do the same.
The above tips will surely help you adjust to the life in New Zealand. Now that you have made some preparations and research, you should also be aware of the various ways that one could use to move to New Zealand. Here are some of the common ways used by migrant to move here:
Skilled Migration Category:
This is among the commonly used methods of living and working in the country. This is for qualified foreign individuals. In order to be eligible, you should have the skills highly needed by the country. However, that is not all the requirements you need to meet. You should also have good health, good character and you have to be proficient in English language.
You need to have evidence of this three. This means that you have to undergo medical examination in order to get a medical certificate. You also need to have a police clearance. This is to make sure that you do not have any criminal records. You should also be able to use the English language proficiently. This can be assessed through IELTS or International English Language Testing System. This is an English evaluation exam that is recognized worldwide.
To start your application under this category, you need to submit an Expression of interest or EOI. This is a way of introducing yourself and your skills to the New Zealand Immigration department. Here, your educational qualifications, work experience and the like will be considered. Such factors will be evaluated through the New Zealand Point System. Points will be granted depending on your qualifications. If you earn at least 140 points, you will be given an Invitation to Apply or ITA. Once you receive such, you will be asked to submit additional documents to prove the claims you made in your EOI. On the other hand, if the point you earned is less than 140 points but not less than 100 points, it will be placed in the EOI pool where it will be ranked with other EOIs. When a need arises, the EOIs in the pool will be considered.
After the evaluation, the applicant may be granted permanent status if he or she meets the requirements and have established his or her claims. However, it could also be directed especially if there is no sufficient evidence supporting his or her claims. The application could also result in an offer for a different status. A work to residence status is a way for the applicant to complete his or her requirements. After a specified period, the applicant may apply for a permanent residency status.
Business and Investment Category
This is a way of attracting entrepreneurs and investors in the country. The entrepreneur or investor has to qualify though. First, he needs to have sufficient experience in managing a business and it has to be a successful venture, he should also have enough capital to start up the business in the country and provide employment to the citizens.
There are different classifications under this category. Each has its own specific requirements. Among these classifications are: Employees relocating a business, investors and entrepreneurs categories.
One can also migrate to New Zealand with the sponsorship of qualified relatives. However, the sponsoring relative should meet the sponsorship requirements. Such family members may only support their spouses or partners, dependent and adult children, parents and siblings.
There are other ways to move to New Zealand. Check which category would you best fit and qualify. After determining the right category for you, prepare all the necessary requirements and complete the application process.