Visitors to New Zealand love the capital city of Wellington for its friendly atmosphere, great tourist attractions, stunning waterfront and excellent restaurants and nightlife. It is a fabulous place to visit, and is even a desirable holiday destination for New Zealanders who want to do something a little different for their holidays. If you want to find a great restaurant in Wellington, you will not have to go far.
There is a wide selection of excellent eateries to choose from, including award winning restaurants, iconic cafés and everything in between. You can probably find a restaurant in Wellington serving almost every kind of ethnic food possible. There are restaurants all over the city and surrounding suburbs. This list of 5 top Wellington restaurants is certainly not exhaustive because there are many more that could easily make the list.
1. Dragonfly is a fabulous little South East Asian restaurant in Wellington. It features an amazing menu as well as a great range of boutique beers, quirky cocktails and an international wine list. Patrons comment on the wonderful service, intimate atmosphere and fantastic food. The courtyard bar out the back of the restaurant is an added bonus. Dragonfly is located in Wellington's well known Courtenay Place, which is only a short stroll from the city's waterfront and is only two blocks from the Te Papa national museum.
2. Martin Bosley's Yacht Club Restaurant is a must eat venue in Wellington. The gorgeous waterfront location perfectly complements the awesome seafood selections. The restaurant overlooks Clyde Quay Marina and offers a panorama that's hard to beat. The food and service are excellent, making it the perfect place for a very special occasion or celebration. You can find it on Oriental Parade.
3. The Ambeli is an excellent restaurant in the Wellington suburb of Mt Victoria. It flawlessly achieves its aim of serving authentic and delicious Mediterranean food in a manner that leaves you feeling uplifted and perfectly satisfied. The attentive staff make you feel as though you are honored guests and go out of their way to make your visit memorable. After your meal, you could climb walk or drive to the top of Mt Victoria to take in the incredible views of the city.
4. The White House Restaurant is an institution in Wellington with a local, national and international reputation which is well deserved. You will be thrilled with the way the chef creates magic from the best organic and seasonal produce available. Wise diners choose a window seat! Its stunning Oriental Bay position means you can enjoy an after dinner stroll along the beach or parade.
5. For a special restaurant in Wellington, you can not go past Logan Brown's on the corner of Vivian and Cuba Sts. You will find wonderful staff who know the menu extremely well and also know how to do their job in a friendly but inconspicuous way. The high ceilings and balcony seating give the restaurant a dramatic feel, so it's the perfect place to dine before heading out to a show.